The day was going down and becoming boring so I decided to see out with at least one post. Assuming you are a home gardener and very busy, maybe low on budget. I think this is for you. This post is all about a home made soil moisture level indicator with an LED. Since, we are not making use of any screens, we will just use the brightness of the LED to know when the moisture content of the soil is going down.
- Reacting to real-time events using Interrupt in Arduino
- TP4058 Micro USB Charger
- Programming Arduino with Matlab
Remember all the components for these post can be gotten in my store. They include:
- Arduino board (arduino mega)
- Soil moisture sensor
- bunch of cables
- Soil samples (very dry, moderately wet and very wet)
- Attach the LED to arduino’s pin D8
- Attach analog pin of the soil moisture sensor to Arduino’s pin A7
The brightness of the LED dims as the soil moisture content reduces, with that the gardener owner will be able to know when to water his/her garden.
Create a new sketch in your Arduino IDE and copy these lines of codes to it and upload it: